Select to view content in your preferred language

Textured background and more font choices

11-25-2020 06:23 AM
Labels (1)
SarahHartholt
Frequent Contributor

I would like the ability to set an image as the background of my story map (i.e. a repeating pattern to add some texture) and the option to import custom fonts to keep in line with company website/branding. In the past, the company that I work for has used sway to create a page highlighting GIS projects from the past year. This year I would like to use story maps because it integrates well with the ESRI products that we use. The limited themes, ability to select from only a dozen or so fonts, and colour choices limits the creative process. 

13 Comments
OwenGeo

@DickieRigdon -- OK, that explains my confusion. 🙂 This is thread is on the ArcGIS StoryMaps Ideas Board. Can you please post your comment on the ArcGIS Web AppBuilder Questions board so people who are familiar with that app will see your question? I could move your individual comment there, but in this case I think might be better for you to create a new thread so you can explain the full context of the issue you are seeing.

DickieRigdon

@OwenGeo 

Thanks.  I posted there as well last week.

MirjanaLovenjak

Hello,

I want to use Story Maps Briefings for my presentation. Our company has created some photos that we use as backgrounds in PowerPoint presentations (using the option Format Background/Texture or picture fill). Is it possible to set a custom picture as the background in Story Maps?

I noticed that I can create a custom theme, but there’s only an option to change the background color—there’s no option to add a picture as the background.

Thank you.