Multiple windows in Web maps

05-23-2022 06:00 AM
Labels (2)
MauryT
by
New Contributor II

Please add the ability to use multiple map windows in WebMaps. This would create the ability to insert images and inset maps in WebMaps, for instance.

Thank you for your consideration.

3 Comments
OwenGeo
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi @MauryT - Thanks for sharing your idea.

Can you please provide more information about how the multiple map windows would work with the ability to insert images that you mentioned? If you have a screenshot of a similar app or page that you've seen, or a sketch or simple mock-up of the layout you are envisioning, providing one or both of those would be helpful.

It would also be very helpful if you could provide some situations where you would use this capability so we can understand the value it might bring to your storytelling.

MauryT
by

Hi Owen,

This is an example of what I am speaking of. Instead of pics there also could be an inset/location map. This was done in ArcGIS desktop. Multiple Data frames are on top of original map. I know this would be a good use of a map tour, but this is ideal for showing just a few sites with pictures. Let me know if there is a better way that exists to do this. I know pop-ups can be created for points as well. Sometimes a more compact presentation is best. I would prefer not to have to leave the Web Map application to create something like this.

Thank you for your response.Community Gardens.png

OwenGeo
Status changed to: Open