Ability to Add Audio to Maptour

07-01-2021 07:28 AM
Labels (1)
BridinFeeney
New Contributor

Hi It would be great to have the ability to add background audio to Maptour Slides, similar to what is available when using the sidecar option. 

4 Comments
OwenGeo
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

We don't currently have plans to add background audio to tours. However, we are planning to add the ability to add inline audio in the map tour description panel later this year. Would this meet your need or would you still require background audio?

BridinFeeney
Hi
Inline audio would be great! I have been creating some Biodiversity storymaps for Galway County and wanted to add the bird songs etc to the story map but hadn't realised until after that that feature was only available using the sidecar..... Would be great if I can include it in the maptour.
For the moment I have just added them at the end of the storymap... I have a few more to do but would be great not to have to redo what I have done!!!
Check them out here!
https://arcg.is/1i1jDC0

Thanks for your quick response!
OwenGeo
Status changed to: In Product Plan

OwenGeo
Status changed to: Implemented

Sorry for not posting this update earlier, but the ability to add audio clips to map tour was added in August 2021. For more information, see What’s new in ArcGIS StoryMaps (August 2021) (esri.com).