Select to view content in your preferred language

Special Event Manager app

Jump to solution
07-12-2024 08:01 AM
mshanaghan
Occasional Contributor

I recently deployed the Special Event Operations solution on AGOL. I'm having trouble configuring the Special Event Manager web app. I see that I am supposed to select a group that contains maps that I want to manage through the Manager app. I want events logged through the Special Event survey 123 form to be accessible through this app so they can be approved/denied. When I select my "Special Event Manager" group, content won't populate and it loads forever:

mshanaghan_0-1720794599963.png

I checked to make sure that the Manager group does have content in it. It contains all content associated with the solution, but for some reason, the group won't connect to this manager app. Oddly enough, my "Emergency Management Editors" group does work with this application, though that is for a different solution and does not include the content I want to access through this app. 

Any ideas why the Manager group won't connect to the manager app?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mshanaghan
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I first deployed it June 4, 2024, but just got into configurations yesterday and today. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JeremiahLindemann
Esri Contributor

Hi-
If you go into your groups do you see a "Special Event Manager" group?  Any chance that group got deleted?

If you don't see that group try this steps:
1-Create a new Group "Special Event Manager"
2-Add the "Special Event Manager" web map to that group.
3-Go to the item details of the Special Event Manager application and click Configure.
4-Configure it to use the group you just created.

If you are early into using the solution, you could also deploy again which should give you all content synced together.

Let me know- missing the group would be first indication and can look further if that is not it.

0 Kudos
mshanaghan
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I do have a Special Event Manager group, and it contains all necessary layers/maps/apps etc:

groups.png

0 Kudos
JeremiahLindemann
Esri Contributor

I'm sorry I misread your first email that you had already covered that. 
Can you try clearing your browser cache or even a different browser?  There was an update to ArcGIS Online just over a week ago and sometimes the changes just need a refresh.

If that still doesn't work, can you open the Special Event Manager webmap in the Classic map viewer and save?  There are some dependencies on the classic version, if it got saved in a newer version that could possibly be a culprit too.

0 Kudos
mshanaghan
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the ideas. Clearing the cache and trying with a new browser did not work. Saving the Special Event Manager web map in Classic also did not work.

What did work was creating a new group, sharing the special event manager web map and special event layer with that new group, and choosing the new group as the source of the manager app. 

No idea why the original group won't work. I could try deleting all content and deploying the solution again to see if I have the same issue. 

0 Kudos
JeremiahLindemann
Esri Contributor

Hmmm, thanks for sharing- glad to hear you are up and running.  Just curious, do you recall when you deployed the solution?  Just trying to nail down in case others run into it.

0 Kudos
mshanaghan
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I first deployed it June 4, 2024, but just got into configurations yesterday and today.