Select to view content in your preferred language

Election Results Solution - How Do I Configure Symbology for Election Ties?

Jump to solution
04-25-2023 11:41 AM
SandonLettieri
Emerging Contributor

I started using the ArcGIS Online Election Results Solution last summer and for the most part I have been able to configure and use it pretty easily for election night results mapping.

The only major issue that I am encountering is how do I symbolize the data to account for election ties. The way that it seems to function out of the box seems to assign a winner (guessing random or first record result) in the event of a tie instead of a separate classification for a tie.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeDagle
Esri Contributor

Hi Sandon (hope you're doing well!),

Sorry for the delay on this question. Unfortunately, symbolizing ties is not possible in the current Solution but we are looking to support it in an upcoming release. As you alluded to only one feature is returned in the join we're using and currently that value is set by the number of votes only (so you'll get one of the top vote ties) but we are looking at how we can handle ties differently. 

Mike 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MikeDagle
Esri Contributor

Hi Sandon (hope you're doing well!),

Sorry for the delay on this question. Unfortunately, symbolizing ties is not possible in the current Solution but we are looking to support it in an upcoming release. As you alluded to only one feature is returned in the join we're using and currently that value is set by the number of votes only (so you'll get one of the top vote ties) but we are looking at how we can handle ties differently. 

Mike