"InvalidOperationException: Error initializing ArcGISRuntimeEnvironment" in MainWindow.xaml

Jump to solution
01-11-2016 01:34 AM
MaximilianGlas
Esri Contributor

I get an error in Visual Studio when editing my MainWindow.xaml:

InvalidOperationException: Error initializing ArcGISRuntimeEnvironment. Unable to find ArcGISRuntime deployment folder. To create a deployment run the ArcGISRuntime Deployment Tool to create a folder called arcgisruntime10.2.6. Place this in the same folder as your exe, or set the ArcGISRuntimeEnvironment.InstallPath to point to a different location. This deployment folder must contain sub-folders matching your process architecture. For developers you can also install the ArcGIS Runtime .Net SDK, which includes a deployment folder.

That is the reason why Visual Studio does not show any esri objects in the Design-Window and marks any esri objects as error in the xaml window.

The strange thing is: this has worked for many days now without any problems so far. I could not remember that I have changed anything, I justed opened up my project.

But: even if I get error messages in the designer, I could compile and run the programm without any problems! So it seems to be a problem of the designer, but it is annoying.

Any one have an idea how to get a solution for this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JensBuchta
Occasional Contributor

Sometimes Visual Studio gets confused with various locations of refernced DLL's (Runtime SDK Installation in Program Files vs. local binaries in obj or bin folder).

What (most of the time) helps:

1. Execute "Clean" on solution item

2. Manually delete everything in obj / bin folders

3. Remove and readd references to ArcGIS Runtime

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JensBuchta
Occasional Contributor

Sometimes Visual Studio gets confused with various locations of refernced DLL's (Runtime SDK Installation in Program Files vs. local binaries in obj or bin folder).

What (most of the time) helps:

1. Execute "Clean" on solution item

2. Manually delete everything in obj / bin folders

3. Remove and readd references to ArcGIS Runtime

MaximilianGlas
Esri Contributor

Hi Jens,

thanks a lot. The last action was the solution for me.

I readd all my Nuget references and than everything works.

0 Kudos