Move/Rotate/Scale geometry using Sketch Editor

07-31-2019 05:23 AM
DevendraKhatri
New Contributor III

I want to perform these operations to my geometry when I select it- Move/Scale/Rotate.

I don't see any methods that sketch editor is providing to achieve this.

Also, I want to draw circle, rectangle, triangle shapes, I don't see the EditorMode corresponding to this.

I see the JavaScript SDK has these features provided, does Android run time lack these features !

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ChanganShi
Esri Contributor

Yes,  the sketch geometry can be moved, but not scaled or rotated

- predefined geometry types, such as Rectangle, Circle, and Triangle under consideration!  Thanks

0 Kudos
DevendraKhatri
New Contributor III

Can I draw these pro grammatically, any samples !

0 Kudos
ChanganShi
Esri Contributor

Sketch geometry created by freehand should be movable, but vertexes are not editable. You can convert the geometry to JSON string, then start sketch editor with the geometry as input (converted back from Json). Or you can append a point (x, y) programmatically to the current sketch.

0 Kudos
DevendraKhatri
New Contributor III

thanks Chang, can I draw the circle/triangle/rectangle geometries using sketch editor or any other tool or by custom samples?

would Android SDK provide support for these geometries in future ?

0 Kudos
DevendraKhatri
New Contributor III

thanks Chang,

I drew the geometry programmatically for Rectangle, Circle, Triangle, it draws on the map,but not sure if it would be edited. I believe sketch editor should automatically detect vertices and provide edit capability.

0 Kudos
ChanganShi
Esri Contributor

If you draw the geometries by polygon, it should be editable. if it is drawn by freehand, they are not editable

0 Kudos
DevendraKhatri
New Contributor III

I added the freehand polyline, freehand polygon and looks like it allows to edit via sketch editor...

0 Kudos