Select to view content in your preferred language

Using QuickCapture to record repeated counts?

Jump to solution
04-07-2022 10:38 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello all,

I'm working with QuickCapture for the first time and I'm having some difficulties understanding how can one configure the app's backend to have repeat counts all on one row?

For example, the image below shows that Bluegill fish has a Size Class of 2 but each "count" field is recorded on a separate row. My goal is so that when a user presses a "Size Class button" the count gets aggregated all on the same row. 

Here's a link to the QuickCapture I'm currently developing for reference: https://arcg.is/1S0O1n

If you know a similar question has been asked previously, please send it my way! 

Thank you,

Mina

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mina

Each button in QuickCapture captures a seperate feature, so you would need to combine your buttons. The easiest thing to do is have 6 buttons for each fish species.

For example:

Halibut - Size 1, Halibut - Size 2, Halibut - Size 3, Halibut - Size 4, Halibit - Size 5, Halibut - Size 6

You could organise these buttons in groups to help access then. Each button would have the count button user input applied.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mina

Each button in QuickCapture captures a seperate feature, so you would need to combine your buttons. The easiest thing to do is have 6 buttons for each fish species.

For example:

Halibut - Size 1, Halibut - Size 2, Halibut - Size 3, Halibut - Size 4, Halibit - Size 5, Halibut - Size 6

You could organise these buttons in groups to help access then. Each button would have the count button user input applied.

Thanks

John

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you John! Your suggestion provided the backend I was looking for. If the Quick Capture Development team is working on incorporating data validation and summary statistics I would love to know more.

Regards,

Mina