Uniquely identifying a track built with points

Jump to solution
02-18-2021 02:07 AM
Helene
by
New Contributor

Hi, I'm wondering if there is an easy way to uniquely identify a full track in points captured with Quick Capture.

I am imagining a function where it auto incremented for each started track. So, each points would have their unique ID, and the points building one track would share one ID. Other solutions are welcome too.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Helene, this is not possible, unfortunately. If you give the field with a fixed value, it by default always stores this given value when the button is pressed. If you want the user to dynamically enter a value for SharedID, try configure this field with a project user input. However, neither of these would satisfy the need for auto-incrementing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Helene, please see the comments below.

"I am imagining a function where it auto incremented for each started track." This is possible and out of the box when you select a feature layer for capturing streaming points. Each point has a field called ObjectID and it's auto-incremented. 

"...the points building one track would share one ID." This can be done by manually adding a new data field, i.e. the shared ID field, to the feature layer. In the QuickCapture project, you can preconfigure the button to submit streaming points to this field with a fixed value, so that points captured by this button always submit the same value to this specified field. 

Thanks,

Mandy

0 Kudos
Helene
by
New Contributor

Hi Mandy, thank you for the response.

Can I auto increment the fixed value for the shared ID field?

Like this:

ObjectID 1, 2, 3 SharedID 1, 1, 1

ObjectID 4, 5, 6 SharedID 2, 2, 2

0 Kudos
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Helene, this is not possible, unfortunately. If you give the field with a fixed value, it by default always stores this given value when the button is pressed. If you want the user to dynamically enter a value for SharedID, try configure this field with a project user input. However, neither of these would satisfy the need for auto-incrementing.

0 Kudos