QuickCapture: 'Sending records' frozen

Jump to solution
10-13-2020 07:42 AM
Labels (1)
ElaLichtblau
New Contributor

Hi,

I am quite new to Quick Capture, which I am using as a mobile app on an iPhone 7. When I ran some tests, I was able to successfully collect and send points and, later, to see these points in AGOL or in ArcPro.

However, I recently tried to collect several hundred points in a more remote location. Autosend was enabled, but the points did not appear to be sending, which I guessed might be due to poor cell reception at that location. The points would remain visible on the map within the Quick Capture app until the app was closed. When the app was reopened, the old points would no longer be displayed on the map, but the app still displayed the text "sending records...".

I have now left the cellphone connected to WiFi for over 12 hours, and the points have not uploaded nor have I received any "failed to send records" error in the app, with an option for recovering/emailing a backup file as was mentioned here. Instead, the "sending records..." process just appears to be frozen.

Is it possible to recover these points another way? Or is it possible that the sending process will resume if I leave it long enough? Do you have any suggestions for accessing and transferring the file from an iPhone device?

Thanks,

Ela

arcgis quickcapture‌

quick capture issue‌

arcgis mobile apps‌

#quick capture

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ela

The data is not lost. It is possible that this behavior is a result of sending over poor network connectivity.

Please try the following:

- Close and re-open the QuickCapture app (in iOS double-tap the home button and then swipe the app up to close, then tap the app icon to re-open).

- Open the project - the sending icon should no longer be stuck.

- Go into the map and if there are any records still on the device, press the send button.

- If there are many records this could take a while, but they should all send now you are on WIFI.

If there were any errors generated, then you could use the data recovery workflow, but in your case, it does not sound necessary.

Please let me know how you go.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ela

The data is not lost. It is possible that this behavior is a result of sending over poor network connectivity.

Please try the following:

- Close and re-open the QuickCapture app (in iOS double-tap the home button and then swipe the app up to close, then tap the app icon to re-open).

- Open the project - the sending icon should no longer be stuck.

- Go into the map and if there are any records still on the device, press the send button.

- If there are many records this could take a while, but they should all send now you are on WIFI.

If there were any errors generated, then you could use the data recovery workflow, but in your case, it does not sound necessary.

Please let me know how you go.

Thanks

John

ElaLichtblau
New Contributor

Hi John,

Thanks for replying to my question. Your solution worked perfectly! I was very relieved when the upload resumed and none of the data was lost.

Thank you!

-Ela