QuickCapture: Failed to send records

Jump to solution
11-24-2019 10:33 AM
Labels (1)
JebDickerson1
New Contributor II

hello,

i have been working through the tutorial found HERE related to preparing a feature layer for use with the quickcapture app.

i successfully completed everything, including creating a quickcapture project and capturing records to test it on the mobile app using my phone.

everything goes well EXCEPT that i continue to get the message 'Failed to send records'. i tried it on 2 different projects - i first recreated the TX guardrail project they use in the tutorial, and when that didn't work, i created my own and tested that. in both cases, i got the message. 

on a related note, on the TX guardrail project, as instructed, i downloaded  some data from the TXDOT site and then attempted to append the data to the layer i created. i could not get the data to upload.

i'm using arcgis online with an organizational account through my school (I am the admin). i'm hoping to create a project for students to use the quickcapture app with.

thank you for any insights you may have.

cheers,

jeb

#quickcapture

#arcgisonline

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jeb,

The error I'm seeing is the following:

{"addResults":[{"error":{"code":1000,"description":"Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ActionRequested', table 'sh_db_12788.user_12792.My_1st_QuickCapture_POINT_LAYER'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.\r\nThe statement has been terminated."},"globalId":"{6D8B2E44-FE3B-48ED-A01E-3B03CA2A52FA}","objectId":null,"success":false,"uniqueId":null}],"deleteResults":[],"updateResults":[]}

Have you made the ActionRequested field required in feature service? If so, you need to make sure that it gets populated by the mobile application when a record is captured. In the designer and check each button by going to the data tab and viewing the field. Make sure there is a default value applied to it.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jeb

Can you use the SEND VIA EMAIL option in the mobile app to send the database as an email to quickcapture@esri.com?

We should be able to diagnose the issue from that.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
JebDickerson1
New Contributor II

Thank you John. I just sent it to that email address. 

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jeb,

The error I'm seeing is the following:

{"addResults":[{"error":{"code":1000,"description":"Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ActionRequested', table 'sh_db_12788.user_12792.My_1st_QuickCapture_POINT_LAYER'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.\r\nThe statement has been terminated."},"globalId":"{6D8B2E44-FE3B-48ED-A01E-3B03CA2A52FA}","objectId":null,"success":false,"uniqueId":null}],"deleteResults":[],"updateResults":[]}

Have you made the ActionRequested field required in feature service? If so, you need to make sure that it gets populated by the mobile application when a record is captured. In the designer and check each button by going to the data tab and viewing the field. Make sure there is a default value applied to it.

Thanks

John

JebDickerson1
New Contributor II

Hey Johnathan, 
Apologies for my delay. It was a matter of having 'required field' checked on certain inputs. When I changed that, it resolved. 

Thank you so much for the help.