Quick Capture records fail to upload

Jump to solution
09-30-2020 09:27 AM
Bryan_Wade
Occasional Contributor

I created a quick capture project. When I access the project through the mobile app there are no issues. When my colleagues try to submit a report (both IOS and Android) they get a failure to upload error message. They also do not get the option to take a photo. This does appear however on my mobile device.

I have double and triple checked the project and when I update the project my colleagues receive a notification to update the project in the mobile app. However the same issue still persists. Is there something that I am missing in the settings for the project?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bryan - make sure that you also update the sharing for the feature layer items as well as the project - go to the feature layer item in your enterprise portal to do this. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bryan - the easiest thing would be to share the project with me and I'll take a look. Please create a group and share the project and layers with that group. Then invite the following user to the group: QCCreator. I'll accept it.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
Bryan_Wade
Occasional Contributor

John,

I can't add you to a group since the quick capture is not shared publicly

as it is a project within our enterprise.

V/R

Bryan L. Wade

Emergency Planner

Safety, Security, & Emergency Mgmt.

Virginia Dept. of Transportation

(804) 923-1349 (Office)

(804) 944-7921 (Mobile

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

When a record fails to send in the mobile app, the user will be provided with an option to send the data via email. Could you please share the contents of this email (as it will contain the error message for the issue)?

See Troubleshoot—ArcGIS QuickCapture | Documentation for more info on the data recovery workflow.

0 Kudos
Bryan_Wade
Occasional Contributor

Johnathan,

This is the error message that popped up in the email.

{"error":{"code":403,"details":["You do not have permissions to access this resource or perform this operation."],"message":"You do not have permissions to access this resource or perform this operation.","messageCode":"GWM_0003"}}

Is there a certain level that I need to make sure everyone is set at to be able to submit?

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bryan,

This sounds like a sharing issue - i.e. the users have access to the project, but not the underlying layers. Could you check that the project item and layer item(s) have the same sharing? 

0 Kudos
Bryan_Wade
Occasional Contributor

Johnathan,

I checked and reset all of the permissions for the project. I am waiting for them to run a test this morning to see if that fixed the issue. I will let you know what happens after that has been completed.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bryan - make sure that you also update the sharing for the feature layer items as well as the project - go to the feature layer item in your enterprise portal to do this. 

0 Kudos