QuickCapture Photo Required Box ReEnabled On Its Own

Jump to solution
07-19-2021 11:38 AM
RobinHolland
New Contributor III

I have modified one of the QuickCapture templates and want to have photos optional for some of the data capture buttons. The problem I have is that when I uncheck the "Photo Required" box and save the QuickCapture project it seems to initially work fine. However, the next day I find that the "photo required" box has rechecked itself overnight and now the project won't take a point unless a photo is taken. Thus I end up taking a lot of photos of the interior of my truck. How do I solve this problem? My experience with JSon is none, so please provide step-by-step details if that is part of the solution.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi @RobinHolland, please try below steps:

1. Open your QuickCapture project in the web designer > Open the JSON Editor tool. 
  2. Search and find properties: "minPhotos", "maxPhotos", "required". Now you need to manually edit the values of these properties, for the exact buttons that you want to take an optional photo for. You can double-check which button is which by looking at the value of 'label' property (i.e the name of the button) of each button, and confirm that's the right button to edit.
  3. For required photo taken, update the values to be:
    "maxPhotos": 1,
    "minPhotos": 1,
    "required": true
  4. For optional photo taken, update the values to be:
    "minPhotos": 0,
    "required": false
  5. Click Done to end editing, and Save the project. 

Please give it a try and let me know if it works for you. Or, you are always welcome to share your project with us to take a look (Create an ArcGIS Online group > Invite QCCreator to that group > Share your QC project with that group).

Thanks,

Mandy

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi @RobinHolland, please try below steps:

1. Open your QuickCapture project in the web designer > Open the JSON Editor tool. 
  2. Search and find properties: "minPhotos", "maxPhotos", "required". Now you need to manually edit the values of these properties, for the exact buttons that you want to take an optional photo for. You can double-check which button is which by looking at the value of 'label' property (i.e the name of the button) of each button, and confirm that's the right button to edit.
  3. For required photo taken, update the values to be:
    "minPhotos": 1,
    "required": true
  4. For optional photo taken, update the values to be:
    "minPhotos": 0,
    "required": false
  5. Click Done to end editing, and Save the project. 

Please give it a try and let me know if it works for you. Or, you are always welcome to share your project with us to take a look (Create an ArcGIS Online group > Invite QCCreator to that group > Share your QC project with that group).

Thanks,

Mandy

RobinHolland
New Contributor III
Thank you for the info. I will try to implement this solution today will let you know how it works out.
Thank you,
Robin
0 Kudos
RobinHolland
New Contributor III

So far, so good. It saved the new optional photo settings overnight and didn't reset them on me. Thank you for the help!! I have a follow-up question. Since the photo has a min and max value, does QuickCapture allow for taking multiple photos of one point by changing the max value to a number higher than one?

0 Kudos
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi @RobinHolland Yes. QuickCapture will support taking multiple photos for one record in this coming August release! Right now the functionality is not there yet (except the JSON properties), but once it's released, you will be using an intuitive UI in Designer to configure this experience. If you would like to try out the new features in this coming release, sign up for our Early Adopter Program, the beta builds are already there. Thanks!

Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi @RobinHolland, the multiple photos function is now available in 1.10.190. The photo configuration UI is also updated in Designer . The original issue is fixed with this 1.10 update, you shouldn't need to manually edit project JSON anymore. 

RobinHolland
New Contributor III
Thank you! I appreciate the follow-up.
0 Kudos