QuickCapture input mask

Jump to solution
02-15-2021 02:13 PM
Labels (1)
DEI
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi. I'm trying set up a button user input to automatically include a prefix based on a category by applying an input mask. For example, a sign would start with "SI", hydrant with "HY", etc. I think I'm running in to trouble when using characters that are defined under the input masks help section here. Can anyone please offer a work around?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @DEI,

Try this for special characters:

\HY >a!aaaaaaaaaaaa for a space between text or \HY->a!aaaaaaaaaaaa to add a '-', etc.

And so on for each button. Not sure how many characters (a) you need, but \ will escape the special characters. This will also make the first character upper case (>a!).

When the text input pops up on button push, just start typing. You don't need to move the cursor to the end of the string.

Cheers,

Jamie.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @DEI,

Try this for special characters:

\HY >a!aaaaaaaaaaaa for a space between text or \HY->a!aaaaaaaaaaaa to add a '-', etc.

And so on for each button. Not sure how many characters (a) you need, but \ will escape the special characters. This will also make the first character upper case (>a!).

When the text input pops up on button push, just start typing. You don't need to move the cursor to the end of the string.

Cheers,

Jamie.

DEI
by
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Jamie!

That worked perfectly!

0 Kudos