Select to view content in your preferred language

QuickCapture failure to send.

Jump to solution
08-21-2023 04:21 PM
Labels (1)
GIS412
by
Emerging Contributor

Hello. I'm new to Esri products and have just created an QuickCapture App. I'm in the middle of testing the app and get a "Failure to send records" error. 

Trying again yields the same result. If I send via email, this is the data I get.

Device Info
- Device model: iPhone 11 Pro Max
- Qt version: 5.15.6
- AppFramework version: 5.4.142
- Platform: ios
- Operating system version: 16.1

App Info
- App name: ArcGIS QuickCapture
- App version: 1.17.47

Error Info
- {"code":1000,"description":"String or binary data would be truncated.\r\nThe statement has been terminated."}

A quick cursory search shows that data that is being sent is too big for the field holding it? How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SamuelCanas
Esri Contributor

Hello @GIS412, as you said this error occurs when the submitted value exceeds the size limit of the target field type.

SamuelCanas_1-1692724198738.png

Maybe this can help you to fix this. You can sign up in ArcGIS Online, go to your ArcGIS QuickCapture App and in "Data" select the "Fields" option. 

SamuelCanas_4-1692724453424.png

When you add a new field there is a maximum length option, try to create one with 1000 max length (or see if you can edit the one you are trying to use to send the records). Maybe this can fix the problem. 

SamuelCanas_5-1692724572833.png

Also here is a video about this topic that may be helpful. 

ArcGIS QuickCapture: User Inputs - YouTube

I hope this proves useful to you, 

Samuel 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi GIS412,

This inidcates that the value being submitted is too large for the target field, however QuickCapture should prevent this from happening.

Can you email the recovery .qcr file to quickCapture@esri.com?
I'll take a look.

Thanks
John

0 Kudos
SamuelCanas
Esri Contributor

Hello @GIS412, as you said this error occurs when the submitted value exceeds the size limit of the target field type.

SamuelCanas_1-1692724198738.png

Maybe this can help you to fix this. You can sign up in ArcGIS Online, go to your ArcGIS QuickCapture App and in "Data" select the "Fields" option. 

SamuelCanas_4-1692724453424.png

When you add a new field there is a maximum length option, try to create one with 1000 max length (or see if you can edit the one you are trying to use to send the records). Maybe this can fix the problem. 

SamuelCanas_5-1692724572833.png

Also here is a video about this topic that may be helpful. 

ArcGIS QuickCapture: User Inputs - YouTube

I hope this proves useful to you, 

Samuel 

0 Kudos