Select to view content in your preferred language

Quickcapture and routes

01-17-2023 12:53 AM
AndreasB
New Contributor II

Hi, 

I have a question on how to implement routes into the Quickcapture app. If there are fieldworkers that need to follow a certain route for collecting data, how would I go about to show this in Quickcapture, so each person that is collecting can see their own route? Is a connection needed with ArcGIS Navigator? 

Thanks in advance for any input!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andreas

Do you need turn by turn navigation, or just for the user to see the route?

If the latter, you can create a web map that contains a feature layer with the routes, and then use this as the project's map.

If you need turn by turn directions, this is not currently supported in QuickCapture.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
AndreasB
New Contributor II

Hi Johnathan, 

Thanks for the reply!

It would need to be turn by turn directions, so that's unfortunate.

But if we would use a webmap would it be possible for the logged in user to only see it's own route instead of all the ones that are set out? Is there a filter capability? I didn't see one.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

The only way would be to create multiple feature service views for the users (each view would have the routes filtered on a field containing the assigned user name), then use multiple groups to share each view with the appropriate arcgis online user.

If you add all the views to a single webmap and use this webmap as your QuickCapture project map => when the user signs in, they will only be able to see the view (route) that has been shared with them (in the map).

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos