QC Application Synced Part of the Collected Data, and the Other Portion is Missing

05-05-2022 02:36 PM
Labels (1)
MeganEngel
Occasional Contributor II

This week one of my end users has experienced a problem that I have not seen yet. I have dealt with photo point syncing errors in the past, but not like this.

The end-user had 147 data points (with attachments) and only 47 of those points synced, and the other 100 are missing.  The users QC application did not show any syncing errors, nor does the application show any items that need to be synced in the map view.

The user:

1. Had syncing turned OFF while collecting data (as outlined in our internal SOP, and important for point 2 below)
  2. had terrible cell phone coverage (but this has never posed a problem in the past, especially with syncing turned off)
  3. They were using an external GPS receiver (again, this has never caused a problem in the past)
  4. Has never had syncing issues like this in the past with this application or other QC applications.  The only issue they've had was when syncing a lot of points at once it will sync part, then they have to hit "send data" again to sync the rest
  5. Synced over WiFi (as I have outlined in our internal SOP)

The list below includes the things I have tried to see what happened and where this data may be.

1. I checked to make sure supportsEditsWithGlobalIds = true as per: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-quickcapture-questions/quick-capture-synced-all-points-but-half...
  2. I reviewed the data set to ensure no filters were set at the feature service level that would limit the data that is viewable
  3. Reviewed QC buttons 'coding' in the designer to make sure there was no wierdness 
  4.  Accessed the QC attachment files on the iOS device (files/quickcapture/arcgis/arcgis quickcapture/folder ID/project_attachments)
  5. Confirmed the application and OS was up to date on the device
  6. Had user do the classic "turn off and back on" method.

I was unable to retrieve this data.  Is there a way to get previously synced data off an iOS device and then use the amend tool to get it into the appropriate dataset.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

@MeganEngel please send an email to quickcapture@esri.com to arrange a call.

If you could provide a link to this post and your time zone, that would be appreciated.

Many thanks

John

0 Kudos