Map View/ Side by Side Mode Issues

Jump to solution
07-29-2020 07:01 AM
ClintBoaz2
New Contributor II

I am having a couple problems with quick capture.  First, after downloading a project containing a tile map package (for offline map use) onto a Samsung tablet the map feature is a static grey image with no map.  The same project was able to be downloaded successfully with working maps to apple tablets and an android phone.  Any ideas on this?  Have other run into similar compatibility issues?

Second, I am having no luck trying to initiate the map/ button side by side mode on a tablet.  I have the box checked in the designer and have tried several different device templates.  I am using a couple of iPads that I do not believe are Pro (which is what is listed in the template options).  Is this side by side feature only available to certain devices (like the devices listed in the template options)?  Any ideas on why this side by side feature is not initiating when changing to landscape view on my tablets?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

- Clint 

#quick_capture‌, #offline map areas‌, #side by side view

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JesseKalwij1
New Contributor III

Dear John,

Not sure if you reply to solved issues.....

I am running QuickCapture 1.9.130 on an Galaxy Tab Active2. The 'display on tablet option' is enabled. I am using your workflow by first putting the tablet in landscape and then open the project, but I still cannot get the side-by-side option to work.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Quickly switching between the main QuickCapture screen and the map is tedious, because  the 'map' button on the main QuickCapture screen is on the top right, whereas the 'close' button of the map is on the top left. Surely this can be changed easily? 

Thanks in advance for your advice,
Jesse

0 Kudos
Jackz
by
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue using side by side on a Huawei Media Pad T5. Is sode by side only available on Samsung devices or iPads?

0 Kudos