How to reverse out of a dropdown?

Jump to solution
07-20-2021 01:31 AM
BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

My QC solution has 9 buttons most of which need a required response in which user chooses from a dropdown populated by a coded value domain:

Capture.PNG

This works! Great!

But when a user unwillingly touches a button they get this dropdown and are obliged to enter something.

I would like to know how to back down from this, after I touched the wrong button, without submitting a record or without closing the app altogether.

Is is possible to 'unclick' the dropdown?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Bert

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi @BertKraan1 Thanks for your feedback, the product team is currently actively working on this requirement (cancel button user input dialog before adding a record), and it will be available around Q3/Q4 this year. 

For now, if a button user input dialog is triggered, you'll have to proceed with the workflow and capture a record. However, you can remove/undo this captured record from the bottom bar of the app. By default, the undo threshold is 6 seconds. If you wish to make it longer, you can go to the QuickCapture project JSON Editor, look for the "undoThreshold" property, modify its value, and save the project. 

XiaoxuLi_0-1626809510377.png

Thanks,

Mandy

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi @BertKraan1 Thanks for your feedback, the product team is currently actively working on this requirement (cancel button user input dialog before adding a record), and it will be available around Q3/Q4 this year. 

For now, if a button user input dialog is triggered, you'll have to proceed with the workflow and capture a record. However, you can remove/undo this captured record from the bottom bar of the app. By default, the undo threshold is 6 seconds. If you wish to make it longer, you can go to the QuickCapture project JSON Editor, look for the "undoThreshold" property, modify its value, and save the project. 

XiaoxuLi_0-1626809510377.png

Thanks,

Mandy

JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

This is live in 1.10.190