How do i delete quick capture data?

Jump to solution
09-17-2020 07:08 AM
Bryan_Wade
Occasional Contributor

We use quick capture for windshield damage assessments. It is used to determine the location of damage so assessment teams know where to go. Once those are completed how do I clear that data from the map in preparation for the next event?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

To add to Johnathans response:

• Data from ArcGIS QuickCapture is stored in a feature layer. You can load that feature layer into ArcGIS Pro, Web AppBuilder or other ArcGIS app to delete records.
  • The filter idea is a valid too in case you want to keep your waypoints as proof of your work in the future
  • To filter records, one approach could be:
    • Add an incident_id or incident_name field into your feature layer
    • In QuickCapture, configure your buttons to automatically store your incident_id
    • You can use that value to filter records as appropiate
    • When the next incident hits, you change the incident_id in your project and save it. Field users will be prompted to download the updated project when they open the project from their device
  • You could also use a Project User Input for users to select the incident name, as an alternative

Paul Doherty‌ may have some ore advice on how to do this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bryan

I'm assuming that you are using the default basemap with no operational layers in it.

If so, the data is cleared from the map once it is sent to the server. i.e. once sent it is no longer on the device.

The data is either sent automatically at a fixed interval (if auto-send is enabled) or manually from the map.

If the project is configured to use a web map that contains the same layers referenced project, then you will see the submitted data. If you wanted to clear this you would need to view the service items in ArcGIS online and delete the captured records. A better approach would be to apply a filter to the layer so that it only shows records for a certain date range.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

To add to Johnathans response:

• Data from ArcGIS QuickCapture is stored in a feature layer. You can load that feature layer into ArcGIS Pro, Web AppBuilder or other ArcGIS app to delete records.
  • The filter idea is a valid too in case you want to keep your waypoints as proof of your work in the future
  • To filter records, one approach could be:
    • Add an incident_id or incident_name field into your feature layer
    • In QuickCapture, configure your buttons to automatically store your incident_id
    • You can use that value to filter records as appropiate
    • When the next incident hits, you change the incident_id in your project and save it. Field users will be prompted to download the updated project when they open the project from their device
  • You could also use a Project User Input for users to select the incident name, as an alternative

Paul Doherty‌ may have some ore advice on how to do this.

0 Kudos