Feature layer does not display in field app

Jump to solution
06-04-2021 07:57 AM
RobPflieger
New Contributor

I just set up a QuickCapture project in the Designer with the goal for field staff to take continuous tracks while conducting property monitoring. I loaded in the two line features. I then wanted to add in a hosted feature layer that will display my property boundaries in the QuickCapture app. I don’t need staff to interact with or edit the boundary layer, it just needs to show up in the background so that they can get a sense of where they are in the property while recording routes in QuickCapture. But no matter what I try, I cannot get the boundary layer to display in the app map, even though the buttons for the boundary layer do show up in my project in the app. So I’m obviously missing some setting or button in either ArcOnline or QuickCapture designer that is causing this to break.

I’m using an Android phone, and just downloaded QuickCapture this week, so it is up to date. I also tried opening the project on an iPad with the same results, no property boundaries. I do have the boundary layer editable, since I couldn't add it to the QC project if it wasn't. What else could I be missing to cause the layer to not display on the app map?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @RobPflieger  Check this blog to see how you can configure a custom map in QuickCapture: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-quickcapture-blog/configuring-a-map-in-your-arcgis-quickcapture...

You will want to create either a web map or an offline map with the property layer and then configure the project to display the map.

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @RobPflieger  Check this blog to see how you can configure a custom map in QuickCapture: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-quickcapture-blog/configuring-a-map-in-your-arcgis-quickcapture...

You will want to create either a web map or an offline map with the property layer and then configure the project to display the map.

Hope it helps!