ArcGIS QuickCapture- Latest Update Broke User Input Parameter Functionality

Jump to solution
08-23-2021 11:27 AM
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello QuickCapture Team,

We have a project that's about to go live and it appears that the latest update to ArcGIS QuickCapture may have broken a functionality we're depending on. 

We're leveraging url parameters to open the mobile app, when opening the app the parameters are not bein passed and instead another "capture field" is writing to both it's designated field and the user input field. 

We saw the syntax for user input parameters has changed (since the latest update for the addition of multiple user inputs) (see below). We updated the syntax of our url and the behavior above is still persisting.

Amanda__Huber_0-1629743079507.png

Amanda__Huber_1-1629743136436.png

Documentation of the change: 

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/quickcapture/help/integratewithotherapps.htm 

userInput

Specifies the value with which to populate the project user input variable.

userInput:001=Area7

This appears to be a bug (app in on latest version as well). 

Thanks so much, 

Amanda

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi @Amanda__Huber Thank you for your feedback! We published a blog to explain the use of 'Project user input URL parameters' a bit further with more details, please see https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-quickcapture-blog/using-urls-to-populate-project-user-inputs/ba...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Update- 

Tested creating a brand new QuickCapture project from scratch and it appears to work. Therefore the old seems to be corrupted from the update. 

To rebuild this app from scratch will be a pain, is there any way to confirm this behavior/resolve from your end?

Thanks, 

Amanda

0 Kudos
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi @Amanda__Huber Thank you for your feedback! We published a blog to explain the use of 'Project user input URL parameters' a bit further with more details, please see https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-quickcapture-blog/using-urls-to-populate-project-user-inputs/ba...

0 Kudos
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there,

I also have a QuickCapture project and the project user input url parameter was not working until I finally figured out the cause. The QuickCapture app is opened from a Field Maps project with one project user input parameter populated. I checked the url so many times, the QuickCapture app opened fine with the correct project. It wasn't until I seen on the one blog about viewing the JSON of the QuickCapture project to verify the userInput number. The url had been referencing userInput:001{IndexID}, which had worked previously. In viewing  the JSON the userInput is now referenced as userInput:0014. Is this part of the bug the change in user input value?

I've now updated the url from FieldMaps with new userInput # (userInput:0014={IndexID} and the project user variable in the QuickCapture app is now populating as it was previously.

Thanks for any insight on why the change.

0 Kudos
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi @kmsmikrud  The id of an existing user input should not change if no updates were made to it. However, if a new user input is created, or an existing user input is deleted and recreated, the project simply assigns a new id to this new user input, to make sure each id is unique in JSON. Grab the user input id after the project configuration is done, or if new changes are made to the project, please double-check if the user input id is correctly referenced. 

0 Kudos
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks @Mandy_Li  for the response. What you describe makes sense for changes made on the user input, but I have two projects that have the same user input and I just checked the other project (summer and fall QuickCapture projects). I definitely did not make any changes to the project user input this year and like I mentioned the previous url defining the userInput:0001{IndexID} had worked last year and for the summer survey project. Now both projects in the JSON both have the user Input as (userInput:0014={IndexID} which would mean I would have deleted and created the user Input 13 times on both projects? Seems kind of like a glitch in the update but at least I figured out the correct url/userInput id to use for the attribute to get populated. Thanks Kathy

0 Kudos