Viewing SubTypes in ArcGIS Pro pane

Jump to solution
07-12-2018 09:58 AM
BrianBulla
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

The 'pane' that shows subtypes does not seem to be scrolling properly.  See the images below.  For this particular feature class, there are about 10 subtypes, but I can only view 4 in the pane.

Here is the pane when scrolled to the left:

Here is the panewhen scrolled to the right;  the data in the pane is not panning with the scrollbar.

Or am I doing something wrong??

Also when scrolling up/down the Field Names at the left side do not scroll with the subtypes on the right.  It's hard to explain, but it seems like all the columns scroll in pairs, independent of all the other columns.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianBulla

Hmmmm.....after closing the project and opening it up again, now all is fine.  Scrolling left/right or up/down is working as expected.

Strange.  The scroll bar is now a 'normal' size too.  Must be something going on, but I have no idea what would have happened.

If it does happen again, I will post again.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

What version? I'm not seeing this in 2.2 in a FC with over 50 subtypes. 

0 Kudos
BrianBulla

Version 2.2.  The data is coming from our SDE server (SQL).

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Same for me. Does it do this on multiple machines? Latest vid card driver? Are you standing on your left foot or right foot when you view the sub types, and chanting the right thousand-year-old anti-curse?

0 Kudos
BrianBulla

Hmmmm.....after closing the project and opening it up again, now all is fine.  Scrolling left/right or up/down is working as expected.

Strange.  The scroll bar is now a 'normal' size too.  Must be something going on, but I have no idea what would have happened.

If it does happen again, I will post again.

RichRuh
Esri Regular Contributor

Brian,

We've confirmed this as a bug in Pro 2.2.  The problem occurs when you first open the Domains window and then try to scroll the subtype window (it's possible that other window views cause the problem as well).  That's what makes the bug sporadically reproducible.  Unfortunately, the only known workaround at this time is to restart Pro.

We hope to fix this issue in an upcoming patch.

Update: Unfortunately, we won't be able to fix this until the 2.3 release.

--Rich