Specify target Pro versions an add-in loads in

Jump to solution
10-01-2020 12:46 PM
DennyPeltz
New Contributor

Hi SDK Community!

I am working on an update for our Pro add-in to support performance logging using the PerformanceAndDiagnositcs class.  This class is in Pro 2.7, but not prior versions.  This means we will need to distribute 2 separate add-ins; one for Pro 2.7 and another for prior versions.

Here is my question:  I know the _lowest_ Pro version the add-in will load in can be limited using the desktopVersion attribute in the config.daml file, for example:  <AddInInfo id="PerfTools" version="2.7.0.127" desktopVersion="2.1">

I’d like to know if there is another attribute that limits the _highest_ Pro version.  If not, can the range be specified in the desktopVersion value?  I’d like to be able to use the upper limit for our Pro 2.1-2.6 add-in.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DennyPeltz
New Contributor

Thanks, Wolfgang, for the response! I can use your suggestion elsewhere to get the Pro version. 

I have since found through empirical testing that a range may be specified in the desktopVersion attribute. This works:  <AddInInfo id="PerfTools" version="2.1.0.127" desktopVersion="2.1-2.6">

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Denny Peltz,

there is no 'highest' pro version that can limit the usage of an add-in.  I would recommend to check the 'high' version limit of an add-in in code after reading the Pro version:

var versionStr = System.Reflection.Assembly.GetEntryAssembly().GetName().Version.ToString();
DennyPeltz
New Contributor

Thanks, Wolfgang, for the response! I can use your suggestion elsewhere to get the Pro version. 

I have since found through empirical testing that a range may be specified in the desktopVersion attribute. This works:  <AddInInfo id="PerfTools" version="2.1.0.127" desktopVersion="2.1-2.6">

0 Kudos
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Denny Peltz,

As you can see from my reply I didn't even check if a range is allowed 😞   Thanks for pointing this out, one should never underestimate the capabilities of Pro 🙂

RichardDaniels
Occasional Contributor III

or the lack of documentation for the <Addininfo> xml tag.

0 Kudos