'Share a linesegment'-relationship for SpatialQueryFilter?

07-10-2019 05:47 AM
StåleHaug
New Contributor II

Hi! I'm trying to find which two areas are divided by a boundary (having the areas and boundaries in two separate featureclasses). Since we have no access to MapTopology in the Pro API, I'm instead trying to do a Search using SpatialQueryFilter. When I run the Select Layer By Location-tool I can choose 'Share a linesegment with' as a relationship. However, this option is not available as a SpatialRelationship for the SpatialQueryFilter. The nearest option is Touches, but this also finds the areas touched by only the endpoint of the line.

Does anyone have a solution for this? An other way of doing it? Or can I run the Select Layer By Location-tool from my code, and this will return the features I want?

Any input appreciated!

Ståle,

Norwegian Mapping Authority.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi

The best way to accomplish what you are trying to do right now is to execute the GP tool using Geoprocessing.MakeValueArray and Geoprocessing.ExecuteToolAsync.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/tool-reference/data-management/select-layer-by-location.htm

Thanks

Uma

0 Kudos
StåleHaug
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply, Uma!

I found another solution: find the midpoint of each boundary line, and use this point in SpatialFilter to find which areas is touched by this point.

Ståle.

0 Kudos