Moving selected features

Jump to solution
08-22-2017 12:49 PM
BrianBulla
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

i'm having some trouble trying to figure out how to move a bunch of selected features from a specific point layer in the map.  This is what I have so far:

//****Get all of the selected ObjectIDs from the VLS layer.
var abLayer = MapView.Active.Map.FindLayers("GISWRKS1.WORKS.AsBuilts").First() as BasicFeatureLayer;
var selection = abLayer.GetSelection();
IReadOnlyList<long> selectedOIDs = selection.GetObjectIDs(); //save the selected OBJECTIDs to a list.

var insp = new ArcGIS.Desktop.Editing.Attributes.Inspector(); //create the Inspector

var moveFeature = new EditOperation();

moveFeature.Name = "Move AsBuilts";

//Loop through each selected OBJECTID
foreach (var oid in selectedOIDs)
{
insp.Load(abLayer, oid);

moveFeature.Move(..............);      //****  This is where I get stuck....I don't know what to do

}

I think my approach is all wrong, but I'm not sure what to do.  I'm not exactly sure how to interpret this:  ArcGIS Pro 2.0 API Reference Guide 

Thanks

13 Replies
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

To enable/disable your tool based on layers, you can use states and conditions.  There is ConstructMarkerFromFont sample that demonstrates this.  

0 Kudos
BrianBulla

Yes, I am actually looking through the WorkingWithDAML example right now, but will check out the ConstructMarkerFromFont sample too.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
BrianBulla

Hi Uma,

So I got it working, but was wondering if there is a better way.  Is there a way to do what I want to do with just one event, or do I need to use all three to monitor the layers in the map??  This is in the Module1.cs of my MapTool code.

protected override bool Initialize()

{

LayersAddedEvent.Subscribe((args) =>

{

// Get the layers and also any selected OIDs for the AsBuilt and the SitePlan layers

var asBuiltLayer = MapView.Active.Map.FindLayers("GISWRKS1.WORKS.Drawings_AsBuilts").FirstOrDefault() as BasicFeatureLayer;

var sitePlanLayer = MapView.Active.Map.FindLayers("GISWRKS1.WORKS.Drawings_SitePlans").FirstOrDefault() as BasicFeatureLayer;

// Check that the required layers are in the map.

if (asBuiltLayer == null && sitePlanLayer == null)

FrameworkApplication.State.Deactivate(StateID);

else

FrameworkApplication.State.Activate(StateID);

}

);

DrawCompleteEvent.Subscribe((args) =>

{

// Get the layers and also any selected OIDs for the AsBuilt and the SitePlan layers

var asBuiltLayer = MapView.Active.Map.FindLayers("GISWRKS1.WORKS.Drawings_AsBuilts").FirstOrDefault() as BasicFeatureLayer;

var sitePlanLayer = MapView.Active.Map.FindLayers("GISWRKS1.WORKS.Drawings_SitePlans").FirstOrDefault() as BasicFeatureLayer;

else

}

);

LayersRemovedEvent.Subscribe((args) =>

{

else

}

);

return base.Initialize();

}

0 Kudos
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brian

To accomplish what you are doing, I would listen to the following events:

* You need to know when a map is initialized and the TOC is available. This event will help with that - MapViewInitializedEvent

* You will have to also listen to the ActiveMapViewChangedEvent to see when the active map view changes.

* Finally you can listen to  MapMemberPropertiesChangedEvent to see if new layers being added\removed affects your tool.  

* You might have to check the MapClosedEvent also.

The ProceduralSymbolLayers sample does something very similar - If you check the Module class file of this sample.

Thanks

Uma