Select to view content in your preferred language

Inline Gallery 'Customize' and 'Tools' menu items

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
ARWES24
New Contributor

Hi Everyone! 

I implemented the inline gallery template item and got that working. However, I noticed that the inline gallery seen on the Analysis tab for Geoprocessing tools has a niffty 'Customize' utility, and 'Tools' lookup menu item at the bottom that does not appear with the SDK inline gallery item template.  Anyone know if this is possible to implement? Not seeing anything that leaps out in the SDK documentation.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

The Gallery class has methods to remove and move items in its collection. So the way I would do that is to:

• Create a "Customize Gallery" in your gallery. (Refer to the sample link that creates these kinds of links in a gallery. Clicking on this will invoke a command).
  • When you click this, a modal ProWindow is displayed. In this window, you code the behavior to move your controls. 

A bit of coding involved, but the Pro API has the required pieces to accomplish this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ARWES24
New Contributor

I did find esri_utilitynetwork_ShowCustomizeGallery available in the options to customize the ribbon, but if I add it to the config.daml it has no awareness of my gallery items. I also tried <insertButton refID="esri_geoprocessing_CustomizeGalleryButton" /> and it pulled the Geoprocessing items when I hit "Reset to default" so I'm guessing these controls are bound to the ArcGIS Galleries and can't be used elsewhere.

<insertButton refID="esri_utilitynetwork_ShowCustomizeGallery" />
</gallery>

0 Kudos
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @ARWES24 

Using the Pro SDK, you can create an Inline gallery on the Pro Ribbon similar to what you see for the GP inline gallery.

There is a community sample that provides ideas on how this can be done: 

https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk-community-samples/tree/master/Content/OpenItemDialogBrowseFil...

UmaHarano_0-1724087652897.png

Thanks

Uma

0 Kudos
ARWES24
New Contributor

Thanks Uma,

That's not quite what I'm asking for. I can't seem anyway to get the Customize features you can see on the Geoprocessing Analysis inline gallery. Specifically, where you can hide certain gallery group items, by removing them or rearranging them.

Appreciate any ideas.

Allie

0 Kudos
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

The Gallery class has methods to remove and move items in its collection. So the way I would do that is to:

• Create a "Customize Gallery" in your gallery. (Refer to the sample link that creates these kinds of links in a gallery. Clicking on this will invoke a command).
  • When you click this, a modal ProWindow is displayed. In this window, you code the behavior to move your controls. 

A bit of coding involved, but the Pro API has the required pieces to accomplish this.

0 Kudos
ARWES24
New Contributor

So the bottom line is... No, there is nothing in the SDK to support this without custom coding. 

0 Kudos