Dynamic loading of config.daml

02-04-2020 11:18 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi ArcGIS pro sdk team,

Would like to explore some possibility of loading default config.daml file from module extension.

For example, in the extension I shall have config.daml, config.uat.daml, config.prod.daml.

If I would like to load daml accordingly , instead of config.daml, want to load config.prod.daml how can I easily do it or where can i interrupt the config.daml file loading?

Best Regards,

Than

0 Kudos
2 Replies
UmaHarano
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi!

Configurations allow the processing of DAML at Pro start-up.  The callback to use for this is OnUpdateDatabase  You can also use the OnCreateDAML callback in Configurations to provide DAML in the form of an XML string at run-time.

With Add-ins, you will have to modify the UI (at runtime) using states and conditions.

Thanks

Uma

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Uma,

Just double check, is that applicable for Module extension/addin as well?

As I noticed it seems to be only for configuration addin, addinx and I can't have daml several daml files to modify the custom module add-in from it as well. Refer to my previous question https://community.esri.com/thread/238888-arcgis-pro-sdk-proconfigx-config-project-cannot-modify-cust... 

Moreover that will be very complicated if I have to modify by code in ProConcepts Configurations · Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk Wiki · GitHub  onupdatedatabase override as well.

So if sdk can support to modify the custom module from daml from config addin , If I just point relevant config.daml by using xmldocument object and return, that could be much cleaner.

0 Kudos