Access Events of select polygon tool fired from dockpanel

Jump to solution
05-31-2022 01:17 PM
PeteVitt
Occasional Contributor III

Hi - I've added a button to a dockpane that opens a polygon select tool using GetPlugInWrapper . I'd like to be able to be able to access the constructor of the polygon select tool and the sketchcomplete event of the select tool so that I can specify a specific layer in the map to select, and then export the selected features
to a new layer. Would I specify these events in the ViewModel.cs? Do I need to create a new class
for the select tool? I'm just not sure how to hook up with these events. Below is the code I'm using
to fire the select tool when the button is clicked in the dock pane.

Thanks

Pete

Dockpane .xaml
<Button Command="{Binding CmdCreateSelectTool}" Content="Select Area" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="10,10,0,0" Grid.Row="1" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="75" RenderTransformOrigin="-1.017,-0.75"/>

ViewModel.cs
public ICommand CmdCreateSelectTool =>
FrameworkApplication.GetPlugInWrapper("esri_mapping_selectByPolygonTool") as ICommand;

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

I suggest you to use sample code. You don't need to use esri_mapping_selectByPolygonTool tool. You can make it yourself. In sample you can find class  SeqNumTool. It could be your tool analog. One thing you need is to make selection on your layer in OnSketchCompleteAsync method. Something like this:

SpatialQueryFilter filter = new SpatialQueryFilter();
filter.FilterGeometry = geometry;
filter.SpatialRelationship = SpatialRelationship.Intersects;

yourLayer.Select(filter, SelectionCombinationMethod.New);

And remember about MCT

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

I would recommend you to use MapTool with Embeddable control template of ArcGIS Pro. One of Esri community samples to demonstrate functioning is SequentialNumberTool sample. Embeddable control works as Dockpane only one difference that it will be shown if your MapTool is active. MapTool has  connection to dialog.

PeteVitt

Thanks, I'll give that a try

0 Kudos
PeteVitt

I got the map tool to fire from clicking button on dockpane by doing this:

Dockpane .xaml
<Button Command="{Binding CmdCreateSelectTool}" Content="Select Area" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="10,10,0,0" Grid.Row="1" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="75" RenderTransformOrigin="-1.017,-0.75"/>

viewmodel.cs

protected Dockpane1ViewModel()
{

CmdCreateSelectTool = FrameworkApplication.GetPlugInWrapper("esri_mapping_selectByPolygonTool")
as ICommand;
}

public ICommand CmdCreateSelectTool { get; set; }

Now I need to hook into the OnToolActivateAsync and  OnSketchCompleteAsync events.  

In all the examples I see the maptool is added as a new item and the code is stubbed out in a separate class like this:

public MapTool1()
{
IsSketchTool = true;
SketchType = SketchGeometryType.Polygon;
SketchOutputMode = SketchOutputMode.Map;
}

protected override Task OnToolActivateAsync(bool active)
{
return base.OnToolActivateAsync(active);
}

Any idea how I can hook into these events?

Thanks

Pete

0 Kudos
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

I suggest you to use sample code. You don't need to use esri_mapping_selectByPolygonTool tool. You can make it yourself. In sample you can find class  SeqNumTool. It could be your tool analog. One thing you need is to make selection on your layer in OnSketchCompleteAsync method. Something like this:

SpatialQueryFilter filter = new SpatialQueryFilter();
filter.FilterGeometry = geometry;
filter.SpatialRelationship = SpatialRelationship.Intersects;

yourLayer.Select(filter, SelectionCombinationMethod.New);

And remember about MCT

0 Kudos
PeteVitt

I was hoping to have the button on the form because I thought it was more user friendly, but you're right, no samples have this work flow, so I should go with the sample.

Thanks

Pete

0 Kudos