2.1.1 Upgrade Error

02-09-2018 09:25 AM
MKa
by
Occasional Contributor III

I upgraded to ArcGIS Pro 2.1.1 and all of a sudden i was getting this error whenever i tried to set an inspectors attribute

"This method or property must be called on the thread this object was created on"

I had never wrapped my inspector in queuedtask before this upgrade, but now am i required to with the upgrade from 2.0.8933 to 2.1.1?  Will this affect my users running the 2.0.8933 version of ArcGIS Pro?

QueuedTask.Run(() =>
 {
       inInspector[fieldName] = newValue;
});‍‍‍‍
0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can reproduce this, thanks. Although we recommended to do operations on the worker thread, this pattern should work as the inspector is free threaded. We'll take a look.

0 Kudos
MKa
by

Could this have anything to do with why my Initial Inspector in my rowcreated event in my module is no longer returning the Created/Modified dates.  Did something get fixed with the Inspector that I create from the Row in the RowCreated event?  I am experiencing a number of issues with 2.1.1 release and I think they all have to do with some inspector changes.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It should be independent but im not ruling out anything at the moment. No progress yet.

0 Kudos
MKa
by

Can you confirm that the Created/Modified and CreatedBy/ModifiedBy are no longer available on the Row sent to the Row Created event in Moduule.  It this is the case we might have a big problem and I will have to roll back my Pro version and my SDK. I know this previously worked before my upgrade to 2.1.1.  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Whats the version of your server/portal where the feature service is?

0 Kudos
MKa
by

We are using Server 10.5.1 with this feature service and that has not changed in quite a while

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The inspector thread issue is now fixed for 2.2

I'm waiting for some responses on the feature service issue.

0 Kudos