Will adding an attribute rule to a feature class or table render the entire SDE not compatible with arcmap?

Jump to solution
10-19-2020 04:01 PM
BrentDavis
New Contributor II

There is a note in the 'Add Attribute Rule' notes I have a question about:

"Note: Once you add attribute rules to a dataset, the minimum client version for the dataset is ArcGIS Pro 2.1. This means that the dataset will no longer be available for use in ArcMap."

If I add an attribute rule by right clicking a layer (or table) in my SDE (Design -> Add Attribute Rule) will I be unable to open any feature classes or tables from my SDE in arcmap or just that specific feature class or table?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

It should just affect the dataset where you've added attribute rules.

Below you can see that I am able to add a feature class from the same geodatabase to ArcMap.

But when I try to add a feature class where I have applied an attribute rule, ArcMap is not able to open it.

As always, make sure to either create a backup of your data, or create a copy and do your testing on the copy to verify that everything works as expected.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

It should just affect the dataset where you've added attribute rules.

Below you can see that I am able to add a feature class from the same geodatabase to ArcMap.

But when I try to add a feature class where I have applied an attribute rule, ArcMap is not able to open it.

As always, make sure to either create a backup of your data, or create a copy and do your testing on the copy to verify that everything works as expected.

Hope this helps.