Why don't photo attachments show up in reports created in ArcGIS Pro?

02-25-2020 01:40 PM
JamesDaniels
New Contributor II

I'm trying to generate a report in Arc GIS Pro 2.5 that include the photo attachments. I insert a box for the attachment using the attachment button in the data section of the insert tab, but when I run the pdf maker under the share tab place for the attachment is blank.

24 Replies
EricPeña
Occasional Contributor

I have the same issue trying to migrate reports from ArcMap over to ArcGIS Pro.  Photo attachments are a requirement and I was hoping that the new Attachment Report Elements feature would work but I can't get attached images to show either.

0 Kudos
AzinSharaf
Occasional Contributor II

Could you fix this issue? I have same issue with attachments.

0 Kudos
ChrisGaylor
New Contributor II

Same issue here. Did you ever find a solution?

0 Kudos
IsaacSorensen
New Contributor II

I found a solution to this problem. If you are running pro in windows 10 go into your registry editor on your machine. Find the JPEG extension. Change the extension from .jfif to .jpeg. 

KayHills
New Contributor

I used jfif to jpeg converter for this. Also works. Thank you.

0 Kudos
JamesDaniels
New Contributor II

Once I updated to the latest version of Pro, the problem resolved itself. The photos now show up.

ChrisGaylor
New Contributor II

Thanks for the suggestions. Checked my registry settings and .jpeg was already the extension there. Also, I'm running ArcGIS Pro 2.5.2 and it's still not working. In my case, I have an inspections table with attachments enabled. I'm trying to get a report of Site Name, Inspection Date, and the attachments in a grid. Everything exports except the photos. May have to open a support ticket on this one. 

0 Kudos
MeredithDutlinger1
New Contributor III

Hi there.  Did you ever open a ticket for this and figure out any magic you can share?  I am also having this problem!  Thanks so much for any info ....

0 Kudos
ChrisGaylor
New Contributor II

I never got around to opening a ticket on it, however, when I upgraded to ArcGIS Pro 2.6 the problem went away! I re-created my reports and the attachments are working great now! The 2.6 version seems to have made several changes with reports because the entire process seems to work better now. 

0 Kudos