Select to view content in your preferred language

Whats the best way to replace a local data source in a Pro map with the equivalent data in a feature service?

03-07-2022 02:27 AM
Labels (3)
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

I have an ArcGIS Pro map with empty features that have been published to AGOL. They have advanced filters and symbologies assigned which aren't present in the features being consumed in Field Maps by the onsite users.

I would now like to be able to update the data source of the layers, from the blank feature classes (that were stored locally in a FGDB) to now point these layers to the feature service items.

I wrongly assumed I could replace the datasources using the catalog view and updating sources that way.. but Pro simply replaces the name of the layer with the entire URL, rather than the full folder path.

David_Brooks_0-1646648765456.png

Im guessing this can only be achieved via each layer's properties from the TOC, or Pythonically.

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TonyContreras_Frisco_TX
Frequent Contributor

I tested it out and found that it works this way, other methods might work as well-

1. Make sure you are signed in to the desired AGO Org
  2. Open the Pro Project/Map
  3. Open properties for the layer, then select Source
  4. Click Set Data Source button
  5. Browse the AGO Portal for the service/layer to replace it with and click OK.
  6. Click OK on properties dialog
  7. Repeat for other layers as needed.

There is probably a python way to do this, but depending on how many layers there are and if this is a one-time thing or not, you could save time doing it manually.

0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@TonyContreras_Frisco_TX  yes unfortunately this is the only approach ive found that works so far, but you lose any filters or joins in the data via this route. Relinking in catalog preserves the joins, which makes me think it's a pythonic approach that will solve this issue. For now, im having to pull copies of the feature services locally until I can be bothered to relink via python

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos