Voxels from a geostatistical layer

Jump to solution
05-23-2022 10:56 AM
Labels (2)
AnnaPearson
New Contributor II

I am trying to make voxels from a geostatistical layer using GA Layer 3D to NetCDF. The tool runs successfully and the resulting voxel layer can be loaded. The default legend that pops up suggests that the values are in the expected range but in the local scene it shows up as only one color (suggesting that the value of every voxel is the minimum value or below the minimum value in the symbology). If I add a data filter in the symbology, filtering the data to only between the default minimum and maximum, then the blue box disappears. I can't change the minimum and maximum in the symbology to cover a wider range.

--I do get the following error when adding the voxel layer into the scene, but it does still load. I tried adding a projection file of the same name to the folder to ensure it was projecting correctly, but that didn't change things. 

"Warning : Variable 'projection' has an unsupported number of dimensions (0) and will be ignored." 

--I opened up the NetCDF file in MATLAB to double-check: x/y/z and the values of the temperature variable all make sense and are throughout the range suggested by the symbology. I also double-checked the geostatistical layer, it has a variety of values as expected. 

--I tried making an isosurface and nothing shows up, even if I try to make it at the minimum value. 

--I have sliced through to make sure the other colors aren't showing up in some small corner. That also wouldn't make sense in comparison with the data as seen in the geostatistical layer/looking at the NetCDF file in MATLAB. 

AnnaPearson_0-1653327910338.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnnaPearson
New Contributor II

Well, I restarted my computer and it's fixed! I am truly mystified, as I also restarted my computer yesterday and that did not impact anything. My best advice to anyone who ends up with the same problem is to restart your computer multiple times!

AnnaPearson_0-1653401196592.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnnaPearson
New Contributor II

Well, I restarted my computer and it's fixed! I am truly mystified, as I also restarted my computer yesterday and that did not impact anything. My best advice to anyone who ends up with the same problem is to restart your computer multiple times!

AnnaPearson_0-1653401196592.png

0 Kudos
EricKrause
Esri Regular Contributor

Glad you were able to resolve the problem!  Voxel layers use GPU processing for rendering.  Restarting the computer and/or updating graphics drivers tends to resolve these kinds drawing issues.

0 Kudos