URLs in ArcGIS Pro do not work

08-26-2021 08:14 PM
GabrielMarcus1
Occasional Contributor II

This is an issue with the environment the workstation is in, but I'd like some guidance on possible fixes so I can go my internal helpdesk. 

Working with AGP 2.8 and 2.8.2. URLs in the app don't work. They could be in popups or an error message from running a GP tool or script. I click and click and nothing happens. I looked through the options and all I found was Navigation>Block JavaScript content and I unchecked that (since I'm at a loss). I'm the only user of AGP 2.8 in my company so an admin would not have added the registry key to make this permanent. 

Does anyone know if there are windows settings that enable blocking of links that a sys admin would have control over? I don't notice links not working in any other installed app on this workstation. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Related question - are you following the workflow listed here to configure the pop-up to recognize the attribute field with the URL?  Specifically Step 5, bullet 3?

0 Kudos
GabrielMarcus1
Occasional Contributor II

No, I'm not. The hyperlinks I created insert lat/long from the attribute table into a URL string. 
The directions you linked to document how to insert them into Text, Chart or Image. I'm using them in Fields and using the below arcade expression. 

"https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat="+$feature.Latitude+"&lon="+$feature.Longitude+"&unit=0&lg=english&FcstType=graphical"

I just partially fixed it. If I select Edge as the default web browser, the links open. If I choose Google Chrome, they do not. 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Thank you for the feedback on Chrome vs. Edge.  It got me searching on the internals and externals and I found a somewhat related hyperlink in a popup appear in a default browser here - perhaps this will help?  

0 Kudos