Unable to server connection User Type in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
03-29-2021 07:39 PM
Labels (1)
DennyWalters
New Contributor

Hi

I’m working on a python script to automate publish imagery service and need to create a ags file as input. However I’m unable to change the user type from User to either ‘admin’ or ‘publish’ type even I have the admin privileges with the Esri Help Doc. Any thoughts? Thanks

For your info, I’m using arcgis pro 2.7 and the a federated imagery server.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/projects/connect-to-a-gis-server.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_CC2...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey,

My understanding is once your server federated with Portal then it will have all the privileges associated with your Portal role, which means you can directly share your contents to your portal. In this case, I would suggest to create a ags file with saved credentials for creating SDDraft and SD file. Then use  arcpy.UploadServiceDefinition_server(sd,imgaeryServer) to publish service. Here, imageryServer is the URL to your imagery server. 

Hope that helps. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey,

My understanding is once your server federated with Portal then it will have all the privileges associated with your Portal role, which means you can directly share your contents to your portal. In this case, I would suggest to create a ags file with saved credentials for creating SDDraft and SD file. Then use  arcpy.UploadServiceDefinition_server(sd,imgaeryServer) to publish service. Here, imageryServer is the URL to your imagery server. 

Hope that helps. 

RoggerCorrea
New Contributor II

This does not feel like a good solution, in arcgis 10.6 it was very simple.