Unable to select attributes from imported dataset

Jump to solution
09-08-2021 06:33 AM
MartinColling1
New Contributor II

I am trying to clip/extract from the following data set available via the Living Atlas : Parishes and Non Civil Parished Areas (December 2017) Boundaries in England and Wales

However, when the data layer is imported none of the shapes are selectable and I am unable to even query each parish. Is there something I am missing in the selection options?

Cheers in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@dmartin , can you provide a link to the service url you are using and i can take a look. or just a link to the item in living atlas

David
..Maps with no limits..

View solution in original post

6 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@dmartin , can you provide a link to the service url you are using and i can take a look. or just a link to the item in living atlas

David
..Maps with no limits..
MartinColling1
New Contributor II

Thanks Brooks, turns out all data layers provided by the UK ONS are Map files. There lies my problem, thanks for your time on such a trivial issue.

0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@MartinColling1 , no problem, but if you're just after the data, then you can download it from here:

https://osdatahub.os.uk/downloads/open

The Boundary Line dataset contains Parishes, Wards, Local Authorities, Counties, etc etc. Fill yer boots!

David
..Maps with no limits..
MartinColling1
New Contributor II

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Got them now, cheers!

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I've tested it and seems to be OK.  How did ou add the layers? 'Map' Tab --> 'Add Data' --> search living atlas and add data.

It may be something as simple as needing to close and reopen arcgis pro and start a new project.

MartinColling1
New Contributor II

David you star, had already restarted Pro once but a system restart seems to have done the trick. Cheers

0 Kudos