Unable to reorder legend items

01-05-2023 09:17 AM
Labels (3)
CarbonAmerica
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I am unable to re-order my legend items in the Contents pane. If I try to move one item up or down, I get a circle with a line through it. My legend is not locked and it doesn't matter if I delete the current legend and add a new one. It's also happening on every other project I have. This wasn't an issue until a few days ago.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Thanks so much
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you have Layer order checked for your legends? If you do you can't reorder legend items, they will always match the order they are in the map. Unchecking it should let your reorder the items again.

AubriKinghorn_0-1672941126438.png

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
CarbonAmerica
New Contributor III

Hi,

No, I don't have that checked. I tried turning it on and then off, but it didn't change anything.

Thanks so much
0 Kudos
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Dang it, that was my best idea. Rereading your initial post that this is happening on all your projects makes me think it could be something more general with Pro or your install. Have you upgraded recently? Another thing that sometimes works is restarting your machine, it's possible Pro just got in a wonky state and restarting your machine fixes it. 

If a restart doesn't help I would recommend reaching out to tech support as they can troubleshoot your machine better. If there is a bug they can get that logged for the development team to fix as well. 

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
CarbonAmerica
New Contributor III

I'll try restarting it! Another thing, I added a new layout to my project and I'm able to reorder legend items on that layout, but not the rest of the layouts in my project. All my other projects I've just been using old layouts, so it seems to be fixed when a new layout is added?

Thanks so much
0 Kudos