Unable to place pushpin when using the buffer tool.

Jump to solution
02-18-2021 07:32 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been trying to use the buffer tool, using the temporary buffer input features (the edit button next to the ‘input features’ field in the GP tool) with no success.

I have selected the ‘points’ option and click on my map. Nothing has appeared. I have run the tool to see if its just a visualization issue (that the point exists but just isn’t rendering for whatever reason) and get the message ‘warning empty output generated’. I think the temporary input features aren't generating for some reason? 

Screenshots attached of the tool and area.

buffer gp tool.png

  

21051025-98e0-42d1-8806-bb8f92dc5c8f.png

Any suggestions? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Theres a current Esri ticket open regarding this issue.

The temporary buffer input features have a default vertical unit set to feet, which causes issues when the user is working in metric. This causes the tool to fail, and doesn’t allow a user to drop a point because it cant work out its vertical orientation when the map window is not in feet.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Theres a current Esri ticket open regarding this issue.

The temporary buffer input features have a default vertical unit set to feet, which causes issues when the user is working in metric. This causes the tool to fail, and doesn’t allow a user to drop a point because it cant work out its vertical orientation when the map window is not in feet.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks you! I think that's it.  My map and data are all in metres. I took a look at the temporary feature class and it's giving me an error on the vertical unit.  I changed it to metres and the feature layer will appear on the map. Until this is resolved I think I'll have to do it the old fashioned way (create the feature class and create the point to use as an input).

Thank you!