Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to calculate geometry on a GDB uploaded to a sharepoint

08-14-2024 03:33 PM
Labels (3)
GABRIELALEJANDROMESASALAMANCA
New Contributor

The company I work for uses a GDB uploaded in a sharepoint as our sort of global GDB, for everyone to edit if they happen to need it. I've been able to create, delete and modify features no problem, but when calculating geometry fields I seem to be unable to. The error I get seems to imply that is isn't able to find the GDB on my local path:

OSError: "C:\Users\USUARIO\Agencia Nacional De Tierras - ANT\Grupo Tecnico SSJ - UGT Boyaca - General\4. compilacion gdb\18. GDB CHITARAQUE\FAM_CHITARAQUE_2024.gdb\FAM_CHITARAQUE_2024.gdb\MSC_PREDIO_MAYOR_EXTENSION" does not exist

This is weird considering I am able to delete features, edit them, add new ones, and general processing without a problem.

When I do it in arcmap I don't seem to find any problems, but arcgispro just isn't able to do this, leading me to having to close one to use the other (while the modifications sync to the sharepoint).

Any way to fix this? And in general, if you have any better practice as to how to handle a GDB that is edited multiple times a day by different people, that is also appreciated. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Honored Contributor

Could it have something to with the geodatabase name and extension being referenced twice in the folder/file path (maybe it's in a folder named the same as the geodatabase and includes the ".gdb" as well)? 

FAM_CHITARAQUE_2024.gdb\FAM_CHITARAQUE_2024.gdb

I do know that ESRI don't "support" cloud storage (e.g. OneDrive) for data storage due to potential conflicts when being accessed by multiple users, but doesn't mean it doesn't work (as you can see). 

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
0 Kudos