UI interface refresh issue in Pro 2.1.1?

02-03-2018 10:11 AM
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor

Anyone else noticing this?: occasionally, when I try to interact with e.g. the Label Class TAB, as seen in the right of the screenshot, I get black boxes and large part of the UI are not properly refreshed. When this happened, there were no significant processes going on besides Pro, so it doesn't seem like the graphics card is overloaded or something. This is all on a 7th gen Core i7 HQ laptop with NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050.

I can't remember ever having seen this before upgrading to Pro 2.1.1...

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Marco, I have seen similar funkiness when you switch over to the Project section when you want to go to Options or other options there.  Have you?  Surface book dual video, certainly not  a resource issue.  It goes away if I switch somewhere else and then immediately go back...

0 Kudos
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor

I might have, can't remember for sure though. The Label Class TAB was the last time I noticed it and managed to grab a screenshot of it.

Did you see this on any version lower than the latest 2.1.1?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Well I never use labels, since I rarely make maps, but I regularly go to the Project section and yes... I saw this in Pro 2.0 and in the Pro 2.1 Beta... I never thought much about it.

I will check for other places in the interface. 

EDIT

I just tried the Label Class Pane several times and I didn't get anything. 

I suspect it is 'funk du jour' and not dependent on any specific part of the interface,  I will make note and screen grab as well

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Here's one Marco... as said, going to the Project

and there was some splots on the right side as well.... complete action and it goes away

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

If you guys get something consistent, please share the steps.  I've tried the label class pane and the Project tab, but I don't see this happening.  Check your graphics card drivers to make sure they're up to date.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Kory... yes... Windows and a Windows machine doesn't let me forget about drivers And I checked anyway just in case I was forgotten

No... nothing consistent, it is more of an annoyance, it is almost like Pro doesn't keep up some times

MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes, I was a bit behind with the graphics driver. I just upgraded it to the latest version, so will have a look if I see this issue recurring. If so, I'll report back.

TylerSchwartz2
Occasional Contributor II

Although I have not encountered this issue, I would suggest:

1) Updating graphics card drivers (already mentioned)

2) Try switching between OpenGL and DirectX and see if that makes any difference

3) Check/uncheck vertical synchronization (checking it will synchronize your screen refresh rate with the GPU frames per second, which when unchecked can cause display tearing issues)

Those are my suggestions.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

These are my current settings... what advantage/reason would there be for switching to OpenGL in PRO? Anything else that could be tweaked? especially since the issue is random-ish

0 Kudos