Toggle a boolean value (0 to 1 and 1 to 0) for selected features

Jump to solution
07-16-2021 01:55 AM
PhilippSimon
New Contributor

Hello there,

I want to toggle line features between active and inactive. So I added a field "active" (integer) and set the namespace to 0, 1 (using a domain). Now I need to toggle this value using a shortcut.

For example: I select 10 Features and want to "invert the value" (0 to 1, 1 to 0).

Any Idea how to solve this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Assuming there is no null value in the corresponding field, you may check the following expression using Calculate Field.

Parser: Arcade

IIF(($feature.active == 0), 1,0)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

You could also calculate the field using Python parser.

Expression:

Toggle(!active!)

Code Block:

def Toggle(Bool):
    if (Bool == 0):
        return 1
    else:
        return 0

Think Location

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Assuming there is no null value in the corresponding field, you may check the following expression using Calculate Field.

Parser: Arcade

IIF(($feature.active == 0), 1,0)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

You could also calculate the field using Python parser.

Expression:

Toggle(!active!)

Code Block:

def Toggle(Bool):
    if (Bool == 0):
        return 1
    else:
        return 0

Think Location
PhilippSimon
New Contributor

Thanks, I know about "calculate field". Is it possible to run this function via keyboard shortcut? I`m looking for an easier way than open table, type expression and calculate field.

Best regards

Philipp

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You may create a tool from Model Builder (use Calculate Field GP Tool) with predefined expression. Use the corresponding layer as input. Store the tool in the default toolbox of the project. You just need to run the tool each time you need to toggle the values. 

Think Location
0 Kudos