Problem with date field in AGOL and ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
07-13-2021 04:28 AM
Labels (3)
IroGeorgopoulou
New Contributor II

Hi everyone!

I have created in a geodatabase point features with their related tables in ArcGIS Pro, then I have published them in AGOL and through Collector I store data (population data per dates). The problem I face is that when I append the stored data back to my geodatabase tables in ArcGIS Pro, the dates are wrong. They are one day previously the actual inspection date. Not all records, only some of them!! I know there is an arcade function with which I can fix it but why is this happening? How can I solve that date issue? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Time zone offset. If you look at the time in your date fields, odds are it's exactly X hours off, X being your local time zone's difference from UTC. I'm guessing you're somewhere east of UTC?

Pro and AGOL handle timestamps differently. If you aren't specifying a date when you append records, it will auto-assign midnight as the time. When you open those midnight records in AGOL, it will adjust them to your local time, and in doing so, may cross the date line.

Arcade does have ToUTC and ToLocal functions to handle timestamps for display, or you can just put a default 12:00 noon on your dates to avoid this.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Time zone offset. If you look at the time in your date fields, odds are it's exactly X hours off, X being your local time zone's difference from UTC. I'm guessing you're somewhere east of UTC?

Pro and AGOL handle timestamps differently. If you aren't specifying a date when you append records, it will auto-assign midnight as the time. When you open those midnight records in AGOL, it will adjust them to your local time, and in doing so, may cross the date line.

Arcade does have ToUTC and ToLocal functions to handle timestamps for display, or you can just put a default 12:00 noon on your dates to avoid this.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
IroGeorgopoulou
New Contributor II

Thank you very much! Your reply was really helpful!

0 Kudos