Time Slider Labels by Year

05-10-2021 01:59 PM
MEGANSULLIVAN
New Contributor

Hi,

I have sales generated map by county code, and I want to show how sales have increased/decreased from 2012-2020, which I incorporated a time slider. I want to label my data as it runs from year to year, but all my labels are populating all at once. Is there an expression I could write to only generate the specified year sales data for each year in ArcGIS Pro?

MEGANSULLIVAN_0-1620680379542.png

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Megan!
Ill writeout the steps for getting this to work - youve obviously got the majority of this setup already but this will hopefully help identify where the disconnect is.

1. Ensure your dataset is time enabled in its layer properties. I have mine configured to:
Layer time: each feature has a single time field
Time field: timefield
Time extent: I used the Calculate button to ensure that the time extent matched whats in my data
Time Zone: my current time zone
2. On the timeslider in the map window Ive clicked 'Time enabled'
3. In the Feature Layer > Labelling pane ive selected 'label features in this class' and selected the field to label
4. In the Map> Time pane configure the time slider settings for time intervals and start and end time

AngelaMarsh1_0-1620792994801.png

5. Press play.

I've included a little video of the timeslider playing - 1st half is without the time pane configured, so the default step interval was including multiple years at a point in time. 2nd half is after configuring the time slider to have a correct step interval and start and end times that made my data only present one feature at each defined time interval.

If the above doesnt work, it could then be as a result of the version of ArcGIS Pro youre in. Can you please advise what version youre working in (if the above doesnt work).

timeslider demo2.gif

0 Kudos
MEGANSULLIVAN
New Contributor

Thanks, but the labels are still stacking. I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.7.3

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you able to provide some sample data or some screenshots of your time settings configuration? I can have a play with your data, as i assume its more complex than the dummy data i was testing

ToineVoeten
New Contributor

I recently used the phenomenon time slider. By locking Span the information came one by one available with the labeling.  (I am using AGP 2.8.0)

Hope it works for you as well

Regards