Supports for Annotations/Labels in Legend

Jump to solution
03-31-2021 10:11 AM
Labels (1)
VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

don´t you know if there is a way how to add annotations layer/labels you have in the map to the Legend? 

The demo use case is - you have a map of cities, and streets. Annotations layer/Labels of these two layers are defined in different size/font. 

A cartographer creates a layout with a legend. In the legend both layers are mentioned, but we cannot find a way how to add annotation layer or info about labels to the legend to user know what the text represents.

I found a very old Idea for it: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/show-annotation-feature-class-and-or-anno-subtypes-on... but don´t know if there is any progress or if there is a way how to do it.

Thank you,

Vladimir

Vladimir
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I really like the legend idea in the old thread and is an advanced legend I'd like to see.  I'd recommend creating an ArcGIS Pro Idea so it's gets traction in front of the ArcGIS  Pro developers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I really like the legend idea in the old thread and is an advanced legend I'd like to see.  I'd recommend creating an ArcGIS Pro Idea so it's gets traction in front of the ArcGIS  Pro developers.

VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Robert_LeClair

thank you for reply. We will log Enhancement for it and I ask your customer to create the Idea.

Vladimir

Vladimir
0 Kudos