stream digitizing in Pro?

11-01-2016 01:09 PM
MaribethPrice
Occasional Contributor

Can you still do stream digitizing in Pro (e.g. it follows the mouse instead of you clicking each vertex)?  I can't find it or any mention of it in the help.  Does any one know if it has been ditched permanently or is just planned for a later release? Freehand is pretty clunky in comparison--you can't start/stop and you can't set the stream tolerance.

I've been searching for a comprehensive list of ArcMap stuff that is not in Pro.  Anybody know of one?  The search engines t are spectacularly obtuse at times...they are convinced I am looking for info on linear water bodies...

0 Kudos
12 Replies
IanPryor
New Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestion Dan. I found one thread regarding this topic, Streaming mode in ArcPro and upvoted but this just feels like another addition by subtraction "feature" from ESRI. I know quite a few users that refuse to move to Pro due to similar issues. 

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Ian.  As Dan_Patterson‌ indicates, please do hop over to the Ideas site and submit this request.  Getting the community votes on functionality, even if an equivalency issue between ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro, helps the teams here to prioritize functionality.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
CharlesLagoueyte
New Contributor

So apparently it might not have been available in earlier version or ArcGIS Pro.  Probably all that posted a few years back already are aware of this.  This might help new folk coming into ArcGIS Pro.  It is available now for tools such as "reshape" and "split"   Just like in ArcMap, one can activate and deactivate streaming by pressing F8.  By pressing O (the letter)  one can change the stream tolerance and check/uncheck the 'smooth' option.  One thing I have not been able to figure out is to make the streaming options permanent, at least for the job on hand.  This is a time consumer if one has to press the O and change the setting every time one starts doing a  segment.  Perhaps someone already figured it out.   Here is a link 

Create segments by streaming vertices—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

streaming #streaming services