Stopping Pro from redrawing constantly?

03-23-2022 08:22 AM
Labels (3)
anna_garrett
Occasional Contributor III

I'm in the process of entering a new subdivision into my parcel fabric through the create features menu. Just drawing in lines with identical values in the direction/distance fields. Between every single line, Pro hangs for 5-10 seconds to refresh the map. 

Is there any way to turn this function off temporarily? I have a long way to go and using the bulk create tools (like copy parallel) don't create lines that are snapped to where I need them to be and it's more time and effort to fix it than to just draw the lines manually. 

4 Replies
USI_Consultants
New Contributor II

Have you tried the "Pause Drawing" option in the lower right corner of the screen? There is a pause button and a refresh right next to each other. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
anna_garrett

Yeah, that doesn't really help if I'm in the middle of sketching. I use that fairly frequently when I'm panning around though.

edit: it would be cool if the F9 keyboard shortcut from arcmap would work in pro

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It could be that your data's taking a while to be returned from a remote source. I would open up your various layers and check on their caching settings. If you don't have caching enabled, then Pro will need to re-fetch features as you navigate the map and edit.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
anna_garrett

I just ran through the cache settings for the two layers I have active and caching is enabled. 

Just really frustrating to wait between creating lines when I haven't moved the display, like I have it set up so I can see the whole block I'm working, entered all the lines for the perimeter of the block with the traverse tool so all I have to do is sketch the individual lot lines. Equally as frustrating that copy parallel doesn't generate lines that snap x.x