Select to view content in your preferred language

Statistics for raster - peculiar behaviour

a week ago
nadja
by
Frequent Contributor

I've noticed a peculiar behaviour with the statistics in ArcGIS Pro in rasters:

First: i create with gdal and gdalbuildvrt  and then gdal_translate cog tifs, which I then add to ArcGIS Pro to a map. I've got two ArcGIS Pro installations on two different computers creating a new vrt. If I open the created vrt in a text editor I see the statistics, with the correct value (e.g. 86). I verified this value in QGIS and with R.

If I add this vrt in to the map of my ArcGIS Pro instance A, the statistics are correctly displayed with a maximum of 86.

If I add this vrt to a map of my ArcGIS Pro instance B, the statistics are incorrectly displayed with a maximum of 64.

Any ideas why I get the wrong maximum displayed? And what do I need to change, to always get the correct value?

Since my instance A has some customisations, I compared the options >> Raster and Imagery. This didn't seem to change anything. Then I removed the folder under C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Esri on my instance B and replaced it with the same folder of instance A. Then I got the correct value of 86 on A and B. Then I tried to localise the root of this issue and deleted and replaced the content of this folder in instance B. But now the result stayed correct. Which is great, but I still need to know why so that my colleages and I use always the correct settings when dealing with our rasters. Any hint would be greatly appreciated. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies