Select to view content in your preferred language

"Download map" button stopped working

11-11-2022 01:40 AM
Labels (1)
ALBJORGUI
New Contributor III

Hi all, 

I've recently found that the Donwload map button stopped working.

Up until last week, I had the world imagery selected then click on the 'Download map' button, then select the 'Include basemap and tile layers' and press download and after a few minutes I always got the tpkx file.

Since last week, after pressing the download button I get prompted to enter my arcgis online credentials.

This has never happened in the past and I've always been connected to my organisation portal.

Even if I enter my personal details for arcgis online, the download never happens. I get the exporting tile cache message but nothing after that.

Any suggestions? I'm using Pro 2.9.4

Photo1 shows the button I use and Photo5 is the end result I would get until I started getting the error.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Albert

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

One thing to try is to sign out of your ArcGIS Online account in ArcGIS Pro.  Click the Project tab, Portals, sign out of your active portal.  Sign back into the portal and make sure the check box for "Sign in automatically" (lower left of the user interface) is checked on.  With the sign out/sign in complete, are you now able to download maps?  Please advise.

0 Kudos
ALBJORGUI
New Contributor III

I don't think I have mentioned that I am signed in into enterprise so by default I am signed in using enterprise credentials, not ArcGIS Online.

If something, I don't want the arcgis online sign in option to appear.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Ah okay - that makes sense.  So if you don't want the ArcGIS Online option to appear, in the Project tab, Portals, you can click the three dots to the right of ArcGIS Online and select "Remove Portal Connection."  This will remove it as you don't use it rather you use your ArcGIS Enterprise portal.  With regard to the "Download Map" not showing, you could try this ArcGIS Pro reset/refresh option where you rename the Esri folder in your C:/users/<user_profile>/appdata/local and C:/users/<user_profile>/appdata/roaming to Esri_Old.  Be sure to close ArcGIS Pro first before doing the rename.  Then restart ArcGIS Pro, load your project file and attempt to Download the map again.  What is the outcome?

0 Kudos
ALBJORGUI
New Contributor III

Hi Robert, 

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried it and still doesn't work as it used to.

As you said, I removed the portal connection so I didnt get prompted to enter Arcgis Online credentials.

However, in the past when I pressed the download map button Pro was thinking for a few seconds or a minute and then it would add the tpkx to my table of contents. This time, nothing appears in my table of contents or in the project folder.

I think I've tried everything there is available.

Thanks anyways 🙂

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I know it may be a nuisance but you could do a full uninstall/reinstall of the software.  That tends to resolve all kinds of issues.  May be worth a try.

0 Kudos
ALBJORGUI
New Contributor III

Hi Robert, 

I'm afraid that might not be possible as it has to be done for the entire organisation and I have no control over that aspect.

I have been told as well that an update was installed after I encountered the issue, so that should have worked kind of like an uninstall/reinstall, right?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I understand the dilemma - makes sense.  So an update to ArcGIS Pro is not really a clean uninstall/install rather it's an add to the existing application.  If you know the Download Map button failed after an ArcGIS Pro update, then one thing you can try is go to the Control Panel->Uninstall a program->View installed updates and remove the ArcGIS Pro 2.x (or 3.x) patch that is the latest there.  This will take ArcGIS Pro back an update.  Then you can test the workflow again.

0 Kudos
ALBJORGUI
New Contributor III

Hi Robert, 

So I've tried on Pro 2.9.2 and still the same problem. The thing is that I only used this button with 2.9.5 so I can't really tell whether it was working before or not.

I'm running out of ideas 🙂 but I appreciate a lot your help trying to figure this mystery out.

0 Kudos
StuartMoore
Occasional Contributor III

@ALBJORGUI did you ever get this working, i'm having the same issues

0 Kudos