Silently Install ArcGIS Pro 2.7

02-28-2021 11:20 AM
broffutt
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to silently install ArcGIS Pro on my computer, prepping to install on 100+ remote computers.
Could someone by chance tell me where I'm going wrong in my code? If I run it in powershell alone, it doesn't install and immediately says the file path to the authorization doesn't exist, which is obvious because ArcGIS didn't install. If I run it through a batch file, it takes the amount of time it should to install, but it doesn't install and it says that it can't find the authorization file path... I've probably spent 3-4 hours on google and on here looking through and trying different methods and I can't get it to work. This is the closest I've gotten to it working, I think:

Powershell Code:

Start-Process -FilePath C:\Windows\System32\msiexec.exe -ArgumentList '/a "<filepath>\ArcGISPro.msi" /qn ALLUSERS=1 ENABLEEUEI=0 SOFTWARE_CLASS=Professional AUTHORIZATION_TYPE=SINGLE_USE ArcGIS_Connection=FALSE' -Wait

Start-Process -FilePath C:\Progra~1\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\SoftwareAuthorizationPro.exe -ArgumentList '/LIF "<filepath>\ArcGISProAdvanced_Singleuse_1008814.eslf" /s /ver 10.6 /password <password>' -Wait

Batch File Code:

@echo off

powershell.exe -command <filepath>.ps1

PAUSE

I have the batch file because of the execution policy restrictions at work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've spent about 8 hours troubleshooting this.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
broffutt
New Contributor

ArcGIS Pro.

I saw the 2nd link yesterday and spent about an hour trying to toy with it, but to no avail.
The 1st link doesn't seem to apply to what I need.

Edit:
Sorry, I clicked those links out of order. The 1st I saw yesterday, the 2nd I saw today before I posted the question. The 1st helped with formatting, but didn't get the job done. The 2nd didn't apply

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Your title should read ArcGIS Desktop, there is no ArcGIS Pro 10.6

... sort of retired...
broffutt
New Contributor

ArcGIS Pro version 2.7.26828...

A coworker put the /ver 10.6 in the second line of the powershell code. I misread what that meant when writing the post, my bad.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

perhaps you are trying to install Pro.... \ArcGISPro.msi"

with and arcgis desktop license

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
broffutt
New Contributor

Hm, that's an interesting thing. Potentially that line would be formatted incorrectly...

The problem right now is that it isn't installing. As far as I'm aware, the licensing happens after install... That's what happened when I manually installed it. The license piece shouldn't break the code because I have it authorizing with the license after the code to install is finished running.

For future reference though, would I need to change that /ver 10.6 to /ver 2.7? The license file specifies "...ArcGisPro....eslf"

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

At this point, I would follow the link that I originally posted and if you are having issues contact Tech Support to ensure you have the correct licenses etc.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
broffutt
New Contributor

I appreciate the effort... I guess my question might've been better for stack overflow, as the question pertains more to the code side than the file/software of ArcGIS. I posted on here because it wouldn't let me do a live chat, and this is semi-time sensitive.

0 Kudos
MatthewBliss
Esri Contributor

Hi,

Are you trying to run an administrative install on your machine, and then install those 100+ instances using that as the source?  If that's the case use Start-Process -FilePath C:\Windows\System32\msiexec.exe -ArgumentList '/a "<filepath>\ArcGISPro.msi" TARGETDIR=<admin install path> /qn' for your command. 

But if what you're trying to do is install and authorize Pro on your machine, just change the "/a" switch in your command to "/i" and it should work, so...

Start-Process -FilePath C:\Windows\System32\msiexec.exe -ArgumentList '/i "<filepath>\ArcGISPro.msi" /qn ALLUSERS=1 ENABLEEUEI=0 SOFTWARE_CLASS=Professional AUTHORIZATION_TYPE=SINGLE_USE ArcGIS_Connection=FALSE' -Wait

For reference, here's a handy link for Windows Installer command line options:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/msi/command-line-options?redirectedfrom=MSDN

Matt

0 Kudos